Senior Category / Product Manager for Nonfood (f/m/d)
- Development, management and delivery of the non-food assortment.
- Participation in the development of the business unit strategy and ensuring its operational implementation.
- Responsible to define and execute a global strategy for a specific assortment.
- Continuous monitoring of the product life cycle including category analysis based on defined KPI’s, together with planning and execution of new products and delistings.
- Conducting market, competition and range analyses, including assortment and price analysis.
- Responsible for the sourcing, development and introduction of global new products based on a sound understanding of customer needs, managing the process from concept through to launch.
- Responsible for negotiating and specifying framework conditions and purchase prices
- Actively monitoring and managing the relationship with existing suppliers in close internal cooperation with Replenishment, Supply Chain, Accounting, Legal and Finance functions
- Initial acquisition, supplier management and contact management for new suppliers.
- Management and implementation of bespoke strategic projects, inconjunction with multiple stakeholders.
- Continuous analysis of development and sales KPIs.
- Close interface with functional stakeholders including sales, marketing, purchasing, replenishment, accounting, legal and external partners.
- Monitoring of technical aspects and consideration of legal framework conditions.
- Successfully completed business-related degree
- Minimum 7 years professional experience in product management / category management in the FMCG industry or retail, ideally with ecommerce experience
- Touchpoints or experience in the pet industry are desirable
- Strong competency in planning, analysis and developing strategies
- Experience in managing national international suppliers, and leading supplier negotiation
- Initial expertise in people management
- Able to work independently and in a very dynamic environment
- Excellent marketing knowledge and strong communication skills
- Hands-on mentality and distinctive Team Player capabilities
- High internet affinity and interest in pet products
- Excellent verbal and written German and English language skills
- Willingness to travel